Monday, July 20, 2015

Lawyer Lady

Hey lover . . .
why will we never touch?
Doom is out there.
In a billion years the sun
will fade into itself
leaving worlds to wander
for themselves.  A little sooner,
a peaceful death in bed
may come.  Violent death,
surprise makes life interesting.
Is it despair or boredom?
What do you feel which makes
you work those fingers bloody raw?
Fry your brain over books? 2n
Blind yourself on small print
and worry?  You certainly aren't
looking for joy.
I'm only looking
for jollies anymore.  That long spiral
to Hell or Heaven isn't worth it.  The End
will catch me soon.  I'd like
to take a few pleasures
in the moist scents and flavors
you put out along the way.
Up or down, over or under,
through.
Which ever way is fine
with me.  We might rest
for a moment, . . . no more.

                   published in For the Love of Death, the early years, 2nd ed., S.I.N., 1993.

No comments:

Post a Comment