Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Love is Just Lust Misspelled

How much do I want you?
I can only think of how you taste:
the small beads of sweat glistening
on your belly.  Afternoon sun makes
glitters of moisture,
magnify each hair around your navel
as they pass into the deep.
I want to see passion
rise up into a hooded cobra
ready to strike, hissing
with desire.  I want to feel
your lust, two fanged as it bites
into my body, venomous with
the smell of your damp skin.
I want your tongue to taste,
to know my flavor as I
savor yours.  As beast
in my jaws you perish;
in your teeth I live.
My body is what
I can sacrifice to your desire.
These sheets are alter;
cut out my flesh and hold it steaming
to the sky.  Devour me
with the hunger of a jaguar
in your eyes.  I will know then
love?

          published in Pagan Palaver, 1993?

No comments:

Post a Comment