Saturday, June 13, 2015

Books of Poetry

     There seems to be a tradition among poets, or maybe it just some kind of literary conceit, that once you have a body of published work, you put together a book of poetry.  Since no publisher offered even the slightest encouragement along those lines, and I do not blame them, there is no money to be made in books of poetry; I published three myself.
     Between nineteen ninety-three and nineteen ninety four, I pulled together all my published work and all the poetry that had never been accepted for placement, and self published books called For the Love of Death: the Early Years, Living with a Stranger: Self-portrait, and Love is Just Lust Misspelled.  There are very few copies of these books out there, and they were published under my own name.  I believe they can be found in some libraries.  I guess if you can find them, you can find out who I am.
     I will be adding posts over the next month or so from these three books.  They will be the poems which never came to be in print before.

No comments:

Post a Comment